What to Do About Incident at Babysitter’s House

Note: The DearEsq free 'ask a lawyer' site is offered as a free informational service to the public and is not intended as legal advice. Laws vary from state-to-state, and in addition every situation is unique, and relevant facts may not be known. The answer to the question posed below may not apply to in your state or to your situation. For legal advice in your state and your situation you should consult with an attorney in your state who is familiar with the rules and laws in your state.

“If an incident occurred at the babysitter’s house with my daughter could they take her children from her?”There is entirely too little information here to be able to give you a useful answer. Do you mean that your daughter is grown, and there was an altercation between her and the babysitter, and can they take your daughter’s children away? Or do you mean that your daughter is a child, there was an incident at the babysitter’s with your child, and can they take the babysitter’s children away from her? And, is that the result you are seeking? Again, there is just too little information.

Question: I’m going to assume, however, that you mean that your daughter is a child, that there was an incident at the babysitter’s involving your daughter, and now you either are worried, or hope, that they will take the babysitter’s children away.Without having any idea what “the incident” was, whether it was an accident, or something done on purpose, again, it is impossible to say.

But all that said, if something has happened to your child, and if you believe that it was either an avoidable accident, or something intentional, you should find another babysitter. If you believe that other children are in jeopardy by being at the babysitter’s house, you should report it.

Recommended reading (click on the picture for details):
Parent Savvy: Straight Answers to Your Family's Financial, Legal & Practical Questions (Parent Savvy)