My Home was Sold Although I’m Sending Payments, How can I get my House Back?

Note: The DearEsq free 'ask a lawyer' site is offered as a free informational service to the public and is not intended as legal advice. Laws vary from state-to-state, and in addition every situation is unique, and relevant facts may not be known. The answer to the question posed below may not apply to in your state or to your situation. For legal advice in your state and your situation you should consult with an attorney in your state who is familiar with the rules and laws in your state.

“My house was sold and I feel it was wrong. I have my receipts for all my payments I had been given a sale date for May which they said it was cancelled . I called this morning to make sure my payments were posted (sent via western union) it was then that I found out my house was sold . I have not stopped sending payments We have been struggling to catch up because 1month after moving in my company closed moved and laid everybody off. Do I have any rights? This is my childrens home we worked so hard to get it . At this point I don?t care if I have to buy it back. Please let me know what I should or could do.”Contact an attorney. Immediately.

Question: Depending on the specific facts of your situation, you may have the right to have the sale reversed, or to “redeem” (buy back) the property. You may not have such a right, but if you do, there is a time limit on it. Plus, the new owners are probably preparing to start eviction proceedings, so the sooner you act, the better.