What Can I Do To Protect My Grandson From His Abusive Father?

Share the Knowledge!

My ex-son-in-law lives in Oklahoma where he is registered as an offender. The offense for which he is registered occurred in Texas. He is on probation in Texas. My daughter has documented abuse of her son at the hands of my son-in-law. The county that he resides in would not prosecute him for the 18 bruises on my grandson. What can I do to protect my grandchildren from this man?

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

You may want to consider obtaining a restraining order against him on behalf of your grandson. A judge may issue a restraining order if there is evidence of abuse. This may result in child and protective services possibly getting involved. A restraining order can put restrictions on the type of visits the father has with your grandson (which can be modified by the judge).

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney