My Wife Doesn’t Want to Move Out of State with Me, Can she get a Court Order to Make me Stay?

Share the Knowledge!

“I currently live in North Carolina with wife and 2 small kids. I want to move back to California to be closer to my family. She does not want to move. Can she get a court order to make me stay in NC?”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

No, but she can get a court order to make the children stay in North Carolina, with her. It’s called “custody”.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.