My Son is Combative with the Other Renters in my Home, What Should I Do?

Note: The DearEsq free 'ask a lawyer' site is offered as a free informational service to the public and is not intended as legal advice. Laws vary from state-to-state, and in addition every situation is unique, and relevant facts may not be known. The answer to the question posed below may not apply to in your state or to your situation. For legal advice in your state and your situation you should consult with an attorney in your state who is familiar with the rules and laws in your state.

“I am a single parent and I have been having trouble with my 17 yr old he is both very argumentative and combative with others in the home and shoving with me. My question is: How can I legally terminate them from my lease and make him move out on his own. I am very close to getting evicted due to the noise level in the apartment. He does not listen to me as a parent. Please help”Unfortunately for you, you are responsible for your son until he reaches the age of majority. Check with local law enforcement whether there is anything they can do for you. If his shoving rises to the level of domestic violence, you might try filing a restraining order against him.

Question: You also might try going to counseling with your son.