My Husband Walked Out of Our Home and Has Not Returned. What Can I Do?

Note: The DearEsq free 'ask a lawyer' site is offered as a free informational service to the public and is not intended as legal advice. Laws vary from state-to-state, and in addition every situation is unique, and relevant facts may not be known. The answer to the question posed below may not apply to in your state or to your situation. For legal advice in your state and your situation you should consult with an attorney in your state who is familiar with the rules and laws in your state.

My husband walked out of our home on 09/09/09 and has not returned. I have not heard from him since 03/10. All of our possessions are in both our names. What can I do?

Based on your husband’s conduct, you should consider filing for a dissolution of marriage to protect your financial interest. You should contact a local family law attorney for legal advice.