Is There Anything I Can do to Have a Legal Right to See My Kids?

Note: The DearEsq free 'ask a lawyer' site is offered as a free informational service to the public and is not intended as legal advice. Laws vary from state-to-state, and in addition every situation is unique, and relevant facts may not be known. The answer to the question posed below may not apply to in your state or to your situation. For legal advice in your state and your situation you should consult with an attorney in your state who is familiar with the rules and laws in your state.

My wife decided to take the kids and go to California so they could visit their grandparents. Since she has been there, she has not allowed me to talk to our kids. She now states that they are staying in California for good. Prior to her leaving, she verbally told me that they would return. I am in the Army and I am currently stationed in Georgia. Is there anything I can do to have a legal right to see my kids?

Based on the facts you provided, it appears as though your wife seeks to legally separate. You may want to initiate a claim for custody in Georgia based on the legal separation. You should contact a local family law attorney to consult with for legal advice.