My Child’s Father has Filed for Joint Custody, But I Feel that his Home is an Unsafe Environment, What can I do?

Share the Knowledge!

“My 6 month old’s father has filed for joint custody with the court. He has had 2 DUI’s and has been ordered to have a breathalyzer in his car. He also lives with his marijuana dealer, whom I have witnessed selling drugs. I don’t feel that this is a safe environment for my daughter to be in unsupervised, being so young and defenseless. I want my daughter to have a relationship with her father, but not in his home overnight. Is there anything I can do?”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

You can make your allegations in Court in a modification proceeding. You can call CPS on him when your daughter is there. You better be right because this line of behavior has a tendency to backfire if it’s not right.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.

Leave a Reply