My Adult Son Has Changed His Mind About Putting His Baby Up for Adoption, What Can He do?

Share the Knowledge!

“My son and his girlfriend are having a baby. The baby is due this week and they have both signed consent for adoption papers. My son is having a terrible time with all of this and has changed his mind about putting the baby up for adoption. He already loves the baby and wants to raise him. He feels like he signed under duress and he wants to change his mind. Is it possible for him to change his mind and for him to raise the child on his own?”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

This will depend largely on the adoption laws in your state, and the facts of the case. What is definitely true is that you and your son should speak with a family law attorney (and a good one) *asap*, meaning today or tomorrow, ideally before the baby is born. *Don’t delay*.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.