Is There is a Way to Reduce Arrears on Welfare Owed to the State By My Ex Wife?

Share the Knowledge!

“I live in California. I am wondering if there is a way to reduceĀ arrears on welfare owed to the state by my ex wife.”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

This is a rather complicated area of law that depends on the facts and circumstances surrounding the receipt of welfare funds. If there was a child involved, the matter becomes even more difficult depending on who had custody of the child or children. Your best bet would be to contact a qualified attorney in your area, who will be better able to review the facts of your case and advise you about your options.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.