Is there Any Way I can Keep my Home After I’ve Received a Foreclosure Letter?

Share the Knowledge!

“Is there any way to save a home once the mortgage company has sent a letter stating that the house has been foreclosed and sold and you have 10 days to vacate?”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

It depends on what state you are in and what type of foreclosure was done. Some states have what is known as a “right of redemption,” where you can essentially undo the foreclosure if you pay the full amount owed within a specified time. If there is such a right, it should probably be noted in the notice you received, but it’s worth checking with an attorney (quickly!) to be sure.

If that is not applicable to your situation, or if the time period has already passed, then you’re left with negotiating with the buyer.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.