Is the Married Man the Father or Sperm Donor of My Granddaughter’s Child?

Share the Knowledge!

I live in the State of Louisiana. A married man impregnated my granddaughter. He was not named on the birth certificate. By law is he considered a sperm donor or the father?

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

Based on the information you provided, the married man is the biological father of the child, but that does not necessarily mean he has parental rights since he was not named as the father on the birth certificate. In regard to him being a sperm donor, unless there was an agreement that represented this type of relationship with your granddaughter, then this option is not applicable. You should consult with a local attorney for more information.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney