Does Child Support for My Son Cease Once He Turns Eighteen?

Share the Knowledge!

‘My older son is 3 years older than his brother. Once my older son graduates high school will I be able to go back to court in Georgia and have my child support reduced as it would be based on one child instead of two, since my oldest would be graduated and over eighteen?’

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

Since your son would be reaching the age of majority in Georgia, you can petition the court for modification of both the child support and custody orders, including requesting that the support obligation for your eldest son be terminated.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.