Do I Need HOA Approval For My Outdoor Property Renovation?

Share the Knowledge!

If I have an existing pond on my property that I will partially fill in, then enlarge on the opposite end, am I required to get approval from the Homeowner’s Association? This doesn’t affect any easements and the natural drainage will remain the same. Thanks in advance for your reply.

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

There is no easy answer to this, though the answer is probably yes. You would have to review your HOA documents to see what kinds of activities require HOA approval, but, in my experience, most HOAs would require it for something that substantial.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney