Do I Have To Continue Providing My Wife With Support?

Note: The DearEsq free 'ask a lawyer' site is offered as a free informational service to the public and is not intended as legal advice. Laws vary from state-to-state, and in addition every situation is unique, and relevant facts may not be known. The answer to the question posed below may not apply to in your state or to your situation. For legal advice in your state and your situation you should consult with an attorney in your state who is familiar with the rules and laws in your state.

My ex-wife is in the hospital with no hopes of going home again. She had two different blood clots on different parts of her brain. She will be going to a long term care hospital soon. My question is, do I still have to keep paying support to her?

If the court has ordered you to pay support to your wife, you must continue doing so despite her residing in a long term care hospital. If your wife passes away, the support order will cease. Unless you have a support order that specifically states that you no longer have to provide her support upon entering a long term care hospital, you must continue to provide the support.