Can I Leave the Country if I’m on Probation for a DUI?

Note: The DearEsq free 'ask a lawyer' site is offered as a free informational service to the public and is not intended as legal advice. Laws vary from state-to-state, and in addition every situation is unique, and relevant facts may not be known. The answer to the question posed below may not apply to in your state or to your situation. For legal advice in your state and your situation you should consult with an attorney in your state who is familiar with the rules and laws in your state.

“If I am on probation for a DUI, can I get a persmission or make an arrangement to visit my family for the summer in another country?”That is entirely up to your probation officer, and maybe the rules of your state and county, and the judge, depending on in what state and county you live.

Question: Your first step should be to discuss it with your probation officer.