Would It Be Wise to Have My Kids Who are 17 & 16 Write a Letter Stating How Often They See Their Dad for When I Go to Court?

Share the Knowledge!

I am going back to court with my ex to review his child support. He is saying that the kids spend more time with him than they actually do. Would it be wise to have my kids who are 17 & 16 write a letter stating how often they see their dad for when I go to court?

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

Because most courts seek to facilitate the relationship between parents and children, it is not in your best interest to have your kids write letters stating how often they see their father. It is best for you to draft a personal signed declaration stating how often they see their father to present to the court. You can provide a first hand account of the dates and times in which they spend with him in your response to the child support modification order.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney