Now that I Have Custody of my Child, How do I Terminate my Child Support Order?

Share the Knowledge!

“In NY, with a NYC child support order, how do I get the child support terminated when my daughter lives with me now, the non-custodial parent?”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

You will need to go back to the court that issued the child support order, and request a modification of your child support based on a change of circumstance (namely, in this case, that your daughter now lives with you).

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.