My Ex is Saying My Kids Are Spending More Time with Him Than They Do to Pay Less Child Support, Should I Have My Kids Write a Letter to the Court?

Share the Knowledge!

“I am going back to court with my ex to review his child support. He is saying that the kids spend more time with him than they actually do. Would it be wise to have my kids who are 17 & 16 write a letter stating how often they see their dad, for when I go to court in February?”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

Generally, courts frown on involving the children at all. If they want to talk with your children, they will tell you. Keep in mind that the time that the children are sleeping at your ex’s counts as time for him.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.