Is it Possible to Modify Child Support Order to Force Daughter to Graduate High School?

Note: The DearEsq free 'ask a lawyer' site is offered as a free informational service to the public and is not intended as legal advice. Laws vary from state-to-state, and in addition every situation is unique, and relevant facts may not be known. The answer to the question posed below may not apply to in your state or to your situation. For legal advice in your state and your situation you should consult with an attorney in your state who is familiar with the rules and laws in your state.

“My daughter lives in Seattle and the support order is from NY, she has not graduated from high school and doesn’t attend class.  She will be 19 in October.  My order states she must finish HS or be 21 on her way to college.  I really need to stop this support I have never been late for 24 years with support of all three of my children.”

It is possible to modify your support order to either force your daughter to graduate high school or to change the age at which your payments end.  If you have not already done so.