How Do I Get the Papers Taken Care of to Pick Up My Granddaughter Once She is Born from the Federal Prison Where My Daughter is Incarcerated?

Note: The DearEsq free 'ask a lawyer' site is offered as a free informational service to the public and is not intended as legal advice. Laws vary from state-to-state, and in addition every situation is unique, and relevant facts may not be known. The answer to the question posed below may not apply to in your state or to your situation. For legal advice in your state and your situation you should consult with an attorney in your state who is familiar with the rules and laws in your state.

“My daughter is currently being held due to a federal case. She knows she is going to do some time. Her husband was just recently released from a state facility. He is on HIP. She is 8 months pregnant, due in about month. She is willing to give my husband and I temporary guardianship. The problem is the facility she is at doesn’t do any type of legal notarizing. And being a federal inmate, U.S. Marshalls dont/wont transport for any legal case except her federal case. How do I get something legal so I can pick up my granddaughter when she is born? We are in Louisville Kentucky. Please help, there isn’t much time.”

You need to consult with a family law attorney in Kentucky, and *fast*. They will be your best bet to determine what papers you need to file, and how to get the approval you need.