How Can I Get My Parental Rights Reinstated?

Note: The DearEsq free 'ask a lawyer' site is offered as a free informational service to the public and is not intended as legal advice. Laws vary from state-to-state, and in addition every situation is unique, and relevant facts may not be known. The answer to the question posed below may not apply to in your state or to your situation. For legal advice in your state and your situation you should consult with an attorney in your state who is familiar with the rules and laws in your state.

5 years ago my parental rights were terminated because I put up with my ex-husband beating on me. Three of the 4 boys have been adopted. My oldest is 15, and lives in a foster group home. I will be marrying next month and would like to know how and if I can file a petition to reinstate my parental rights and bring him home.

You need to contact a local family law attorney to find out if you are eligible to have your parental rights reinstated. You can also research your state’s family law code to find out the legal requirements to have your parental rights reinstated.