Help Getting out of Abusive Marriage

Share the Knowledge!

“I do not know what my rights are I’m married 10 yrs 3 kids in a very abusive relationship. I want to get out of”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

If the abuse rises to the level of domestic violence you may be able to get a restraining order. If you have been the stay at home parent, you might be in the position to continue this parenting plan by gaining primary physical custody. If you have been supported, you may be able to to spousal support. If you get custody of the children, you would likely be entiltled to receive child support on their behalf. Even in the states where there is “fault divorce” abuse is a reason to get a divorce, so you are likely able to dissolve your marital status.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.

Leave a Reply