Another Man is Paying Child Support For a Child I Also Support. What Can I Do?

Share the Knowledge!

‘I have a problem with my girlfriend. I was paying child support for my child for a long time, but I just found out that another man is paying child support for the child as well. What should I do?’

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

First, we need to note that your request came from South Africa, and we are not at all familiar with the laws of South Africa. What we can tell you is that in the United States in general, what you would need to do is file a motion with the courts, asking them to determine paternity with a DNA test, to determine who the father is. If the child’s mother was collecting from both you and another man, for the same child, she is almost certainly guilty of fraud.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.