What Can I Do if My Deceased Wife Forged My Name and Initials on Loan Documents

Share the Knowledge!

“My deceased wife forged my name and initials on loan documant. What should I do?”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

Forging your signature on loan documents is illegal, unless you specifically granted your late wife power of attorney (which doesn’t seem like it is the case here). The first step is to try contacting the lender to let them know of the problem, and see what they have to say. Depending on the outcome of that conversation, your next step is to contact a local attorney who will be better able to review the specific facts of your case and help you resolve this matter.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.