My Son is in College, Is there a Way that I can Pay Child Support Directly to my Son Instead of my Ex?

Share the Knowledge!

“I live in Missouri and I have to pay for half of my sons college and I still am ordered to pay child support on top of that, do I have to pay the child support to my ex or is there any way I can pay that support directly to my son?”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

Maybe. If your son is living away from home, it may be possible to get a Court to order that this support amount be paid to him directly. In lieu of trying to get the Court to make that as an order, it would be better if you and ex spouse could enter into a stipulation and order directing that child support payments go directly to your son. Either way, continue to make payments according to the Court order until it is otherwise modified.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.