My Child’s Father is Leaving for Iraq and is Behind on Child Support, What Should I do?

Share the Knowledge!

“My son’s father started a child support case after I opened mine but his was taken to court first and was granted in the amount of 154.00 a month for him to pay. He joined the army 2 months after the child support was order but he hasn’t reported anything to DHR and his child support payments have been the same since Oct. 2008 and he’s also leaving for Iraq soon. What do I do?”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

You should contact his Commanding Officer, or the family liaison on the base, and let them know the situation. Be sure that you have a copy of the child support order to provide to them.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.