Is There Way to File for Temporary Custody If I Feel that my Children are being Neglected by my Ex?

Share the Knowledge!

“I do not have custody of my children and they reside with there mother. I am greatly concerned for there welfare. My children are being neglected in many ways and i want to file for custody but I know that they are not being cared for. Is there anything i can file for temporary custody until my case is heard by the judge. I reside in the state of Mass and I am unsure of what my rights are.”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

In many states there are emergency procedures to get “ex parte” orders. If there are serious health and safety issues, sometimes the court will grant temporary orders until some qualified professional can take a look at a family structure. Additionally, anyone found making false allegations of child abuse or neglect may lose a great deal in the way of timeshare and attorney fees.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.

Leave a Reply