How Do I Legally Resolve A Property Nuisance?

Share the Knowledge!

I have been living next to a property that was purchased to have houses built, However, it’s been twelve years of nothing being done. The weeds are 12 feet high and during the summer months we have an enormous amount of mosquitos and flies. We have been patient all these years, but the situation has gotten worse. Can you please help us with any information, which will be greatly appreciated?

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

The first place I would look is whether your city or county has ordinances requiring landowners to maintain their property. If so, a code enforcement officer could help with this problem, at a minimum of expense to you.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney