How Can I Modify My Child Support Order?

Share the Knowledge!

I currently pay $500.00 a month for child support for my daughter (8-years-old). However, I have custody of my two boys (15-years-old) and don’t receive any child support for them. I recently retired from the Air Force and my ex-wife gets 50% of my retirement pay. How good of a case would I have to get the child support that I have to pay dropped since I don’t get any child support for my boys?

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

The court considers several factors when determining the amount of money a parent is obligated to pay towards child support. In particular, the court looks at both parent’s income to allocate how much each would need to contribute based on the amount of time a child is in there custody. You need to consult with a local attorney to see if there is anything about your situation that would reasonably warrant a reduction of support.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney