How Can I Have the Child Support Order Terminated?

Share the Knowledge!

My child support order was issued in PA. My daughter turned 18 today. How can I have the child support order terminated?

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

Depending on the terms of your original child support order, you may be able to file a child support modification order to have it reduced or terminated now that your child is 18-years-old. Please note, some states require parents and legal guardians to continue paying child support beyond a child’s 18th birthday. You should consult with a local family law attorney to see if you qualify for a reduction in payment, or complete termination.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney