How Can I Get Access To My Land?

Share the Knowledge!

I was supposed to be deeded an additional 8 acres of land to be contiguous to the 2 acres and house I got in the divorce. After several years things went bad and I was pretty much forced to sell my home and 2 acres to get away. Shortly after I sold the property he finally deeded me the 8 acres. It’s now land locked. I want to sell the property now but need ingress/egress for the buyer. What are my options? Thank you!

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

The easiest option will most likely be to negotiate with the new owner. Even if you have to pay a substantial sum to get road access, the difference in value of your property will likely be worth it.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney