Does my Child’s Father Have any Legal Rights if His Name is not on the Birth Certificate?

Share the Knowledge!

“I’m not married to the baby’s father and he is in the navy reserve does he have any rights even if I don’t put he’s last name on the birth certificate, and I don’t want child support or anything from the father?”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

If he pursues his legal rights to be a father, than yes. The Courts hardly ever agree with the reasoning that denies a child his right to be supported and to know his family, anyway. If a parent has the desire and ability to parent then the child should receive the benefit of that relationship.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.

Leave a Reply