Do You Pay Child Support for Children not Biologically Your Own?

Share the Knowledge!

“Should you have to pay paternity on a child that is not yours just because he has your last name?”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

Nope. You should only have to pay “child support” for children that are either your biological children or your legal children (presumed by law, adopted, etc.). If there is some kind of case going on, hopefully you have not given up your chance to ask for a paternity test.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.

Leave a Reply