Can My Ex Ask for an Retroactive Increase in Child Support?

Can my ex ask for an retroactive increase in child support from five years ago to the present? She has been paid child support weekly for all this time and now wants more money to pay for college and apparently this is her solution. Since she had the chance to increase the support all these years, can she do that?

If circumstances have changed under your state law that would warrant an increase in child support, your ex can petition the court. In regard to an retroactive increase, if there is a state law that permits for this type of action to be filed, then yes she can. Contact a local family law attorney to find out if a modification needs to be made to your child support order.