Can I Take This Person to Small Claims Court for Failure to Disclose a Salvage Title? – Dear Esq.

Share the Knowledge!

“Can I take a private party to small claims court for selling me a vehicle without disclosing that they had a salvage title and they did not give me a bill of sale at the time of purchase?�

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

You can take a private party to small claims court any time that you meet the requirements. In most states these usually include that they be local in order for the court to exercise jurisdiction, that you have money damages which you can prove, and that the money damages be not over a certain dollar amount. The key is that you are asking for money to address the problem, and that you can demonstrate why you will otherwise be out that amount of money.

Share the Knowledge!

Leave a Comment