Can I Refuse My Son’s Father Custody Due to Drug Use?

Share the Knowledge!

I have a 6-month-old son. His father and I are currently separated but on good terms. I recently became aware that he may be doing meth. Is there any way I can have him tested in Ohio without us having to go to court for custody and things like that? He’s not fighting me for custody or anything but if I’m going to let him back in my son’s life, I would like to know he’s clean and not on any drugs.

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

You will need a court order to have your son’s husband tested for meth. A court will not grant such an order unless their is an underlying petition regarding the custody of your child. You can ask him to take an over-the-counter test to prove that he is drug free.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney