Can I Obtain Child Custody of my Granddaughter in New Jersey?

Share the Knowledge!

What are my chances in the State of New Jersey of getting custody of my 2-year-old granddaughter as she has been living with me since May and her parents basically abandoned her. They don’t even call me to ask how she is doing or anything.

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

You need to talk to a local family law attorney. The attorney will be able to provide you with legal options regarding a legal child custody option that best fit your situation. If both parents still have parental rights, it may be hard to obtain full custody without their permission.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney