Can I Gain Custody of my Children Before my Divorce?

Share the Knowledge!

“How do I gain custody of both of my children even though their father and I are not divorced yet?”

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

In California the procedure is to file an order to show cause or a noticed motion for custody and visitation. If you do not have an ongoing divorce, legal separation or domestic violence action then you would need to file one of those to get a case started under which to file the request for a custody designation.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney

A house attorney has answered this question.

Leave a Reply