Can I Ask the Court to Make My Son’s Father Take a Drug Test?

Share the Knowledge!

I am in court with my son’s father for joint custody and I am concerned with all the drugs he does. If I ask for him to take a drug test will I have to take one to?

[NOTE: Articles and answers on DearEsq., while written and published by lawyers, do not constitute legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by your reading of this information. You should always consult with an attorney for any legal situations.]

If the court finds that there is enough evidence to indicate that your son’s father is using drugs, then the court may order a drug test to be performed. Your son’s father being drug tested does not necessarily warrant you being subjected to a drug test, unless there is sufficient evidence presented to the court that indicates you are using illegal drugs.

Share the Knowledge!

Author: House Attorney